Heck, people won’t even stay for a short meeting after church unless it is not just short, but relevant to their interests… and fun.
So here’s the deal:
- If you promise to come to our Summer Town Hall Quarterly on Sunday, July 20…
- We promise to keep it short, focused, informative, and fun!
Here is our schedule:
- 11:00 a.m. – Morning Worship Dismissal
- 11:01 a.m. – Town Hall Begins
- 11:01 a.m. – Welcome – Rector
- 11:03 a.m. – Vestry Vision – Sr. Warden
- 11:05 a.m. – Two-Minute Ministry Presentations – Ministry Leaders
- Parish Life
- FAHR (Finance, Administration, & Human Resources)
- 11:15 p.m. – Finance & Budget Update
- 11:17 a.m. – Q&A, Discussion, and Summary
- 11:30 a.m. – Adjourn for Food & Fellowship – Everyone
We plan to keep things on-schedule in a lighthearted and playful way (hint: it involves our sanctus bells and our gong). And each of our Ministry Areas will have a handout for you to take home with you (so they don’t have to actually SAY everything).
We hope you enjoy it… We think you will!
See you there,
ps. This will be our second Town Hall Quarterly this year. The first was a walk-through, at which we explain why we were moving to a quarterly system of planning, budgeting, and congregational interaction, and how it would work (click here for more). This time will be like a “beta test” or “dress rehearsal,” at which the leaders of our various ministries will be giving brief presentations and getting your feedback for the first time. By the next Town Hall, in October, we hope to have gotten the process town to an enlightening and enjoyable art.